The role of the administrative volunteer is to provide leadership and support for non firefighter operations. These volunteers provide critical services to manage the administrative functions to maintain a high quality
business operations and community relations that support the work of firefighters and rescue volunteers in keeping the community safe. While these volunteers do not provide emergency services they are valued members of the fire company team.
Multiple volunteers are required to perform these essential functions:
- Provide support for the company by serving as officers or committee members of the company.
- Provide services that support the business functions of the company including serving in any of the following roles;
- Assisting with financial management and reporting
- Assisting with membership recruitment and screening
- Providing legal or other expert counsel
- Manage and update the website
- Provide communications and marketing expertise
- Working with media resources to promote volunteer opportunities for the fire company
- Supports maintaining the fire station, equipment and grounds in a clean and orderly condition
- Acquires and retains a thorough knowledge of the township and fire company operations.
- Performs various public information or education tasks
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with Standard Operating Policies and Procedures
- Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain appropriate records and information required
- Maintain administrative equipment and offices.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Specialized areas of work such as accounting, records management, human resources, volunteer recruitment and management, legal, government and community relations, marketing and publicity or website management
- General information about volunteer administrative duties and business requirements of a volunteer organization
- The ability to gain knowledge of fire and rescue operations.
- Apply skills in administration in a volunteer, self directed capacity
- To work as a team with other volunteers to develop ideas and work on projects
- Maintain a confidence and work on sensitive issues
- Meet deadlines
- Communicate about the work they are doing.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
- High level of integrity and honesty.